Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The secret life of an American twenty-something

Maybe I shouldn't admit to this, but then again, who gives.

I was perusing Target the other day and happened to wander down the toddler aisle. In all fairness, I was with the MIL and SIL looking for a one-year-old's birthday gift, and don't usually do that for funsies. The first part of that was a truth, but the thing about not doing it for funsies may or may not be a complete lie. Sometimes I can't help myself.

The point is, I came across something that Chris and I needed.




Yes. Yes, that is a new born onesie with guitars and lightning bolts. And yes, I bought it.

Sadly, I am not pregnant, but I do have intentions of one day being a mommy. I see no wrong in starting a wardrobe early.

Worried how Chris would feel about this purchase, I contacted him with caution:

Me: So, I'm about to buy something, but don't get weirded out.

Chris: what is it.

Me: after sending the above referenced photo: sorry, I had to.

Chris: just for the hell of it?

Me: Our future babe will wear it.

Chris: I love it.

Me: can we have one?

Did you hear that? That was the sound of my mom hitting the floor, fainting from the thought.
What, you can't handle a fourth grandchild?

It's okay, she'll get over it. Thank goodness she doesn't read this, right?

Being 'round babes, onesies, and pregnant women just gives me a fever. I sweat it out eventually, but it comes right back.

Just don't expect me to be expecting any time soon. I don't know how my current dependents would feel about that.




- Posted from my awesome iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh , my. I really loved this , E. You're so cute.
I'm impressed of your expectations about having a baby , but that's awesome! you'll be a good mommy if you have one , and i know Chris will be a good daddy , haha.

Sorry for the weird english i have , i live in south america and i speak spanish.

Well... i loved this post <3 , you're awesome , Emaline <3