Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mahvelous things

Oh, what did I do this weekend? Why, I thought you'd never ask.

Let's start with Friday.

Chris and I made our way to the Mahalia to experience the comedic musings of the always-offensive Daniel Tosh.

My expectations for the show were fairly high, seeing as Tosh.0 is a staple on the McPeters DVR. And, let's be honest, I grew up in a Gallagher household and the only other comedian I've seen live was Bill Cosby when I was ten. So, to gauge my expectations by those comparisons wouldn't really be fair.

I was impressed with Daniel's ability to keep the chuckles coming-it takes a lot for me to LOL in public. And maybe it says something about me, enjoying tasteless jokes and vulgar punchlines, but I can't help myself. That mess was hysterical.

Move to Saturday.

After savoring my first hot pumpkin spice latte (all previous lattes were iced due to the unbearably unseasonable humidity), I went out and purchased my first adult pumpkins.




One for carving, one for baking, and one to complete the grouping because things look better in threes.

Now, Owlie patiently guards our pumpkins, so don't go try anything foolish. He tells me everything




After spending the early afternoon adoring our gourds, the McPeters and Beaubouefs experienced the Bridge City Gumbo Fest. We were disappointed to learn a cover of the Cupid Shuffle had ended mere seconds before our arrival and moseyed on over to the gumbo pot to eat our feelings.

Of course, the temps eventually reached the mid 90s and forced (and I mean FORCED) us to cool off with a sno-ball.

And then it happened.

I found him. The second love of my life. The one I've spent all these years looking for was waiting for me at the sno-ball stand, taking the form of a French Bulldog.



Meet my new mate.

For some reason Enzo's owner saw an issue with me taking him home and snatched him out of my hands before I could make a getaway. Rude.

You'll always be in my heart, Enzo.

After an overnight bout of grief, I was finally relieved when we arrived at Tipitinas Uptown to see Eisley perform.

Chris introduced me to this band shortly after we began dating and I haven't been able to stray since. What we can't figure out is, why, after opening for Coldplay (Rush of Blood tour), they haven't become more well-known.

I'm not opposed to keeping them our little secret, but if you're into a band comprised of three singing sisters, brother, and cousin playing indie-shoegaze-melodic tunes, you may find solace in Eisley.

And if for some reason you're STILL pondering what to get me for my birthday but coming up short, please send Drew Brees hugs in lieu of gifts.

- Posted from my awesome iPhone

1 comment:

Brooke said...

This is what I need to know... are you acutally going to hack one of those pumpkins up and bake with it? If so, I'm impressed.