Thursday, October 7, 2010

Martha McPeters

Let me tell you the story of how I/we Martha Stewart-ed our apartment:

This one time, at Ikea, I bought a few yards too many of pretty lellow fabric.

I used the majority to cover the canvas stretchers for our large "art" piece.




With a substantial leftovers, I filled a mirror frame (Ikea) with the same fabric and fancied-up or dining area.



(wall sconces and candles from World Market)

And THEN (here's the good part), I used the scraps from that project to put in embroidery hoops, which are now part of a darling collage in our bedroom.






They need to put me on Design on a Dime.

My favorite piece:



Owlie once adorned a headband given to me by Chris, but the fabric band unraveled and left my friend without a home.

RIP



Thankfully, Owlie (as all my owls are affectionately called) was salvaged and is now cozy in his new living quarters.

Also, if you heard about me needing some pumpkin in my mouth, my prayers were answered. Last weekend I Martha Stewart-ed some pumpkin muffins.



Yea, they tasted that good, too.

And finally, a new hooter for our home is perched on our door, ready to greet and warm the cockles of your heart.




He wants to know if you'll come visit. Please?

- Posted from my awesome iPhone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks beautiful!!! i want to come visit, please! (: love and miss you. ps i love your blogg. <3

nikki

xo

Whit said...

I love it... I have the same fabric I purchased for the nursery. I haven't figured out exactly what to do with it yet...

Jordo said...

can you come martha stewart my apartment?