Friday, October 1, 2010

Rocktober

Welcome, favorite month of the year! You've really charmed your way into my heart today, with that amber sunrise and fall-ish breeze of yours. Please don't ever quit me.

It JUST SO HAPPENS that my favorite month is also my birth month. Coincidence? Absolutely.

And thank sweet goodness above that I was born in a month where opal is the birthstone because that just so happens to be my favorite gem. That statement also serves as a hint to anyone planning to purchase jewelry for any special occasion in which I am affiliated.

Bless you, mom, for having me fully baked sixteen days prior to Halloween so I never have to spend my day being outshone by world's largest costume contest-in which I have and always will participate*

If I MUST share my day with someone, I suppose my second dad (father-in-law, not Paul Riser) would be the person I'd choose, even though I had no choice.

*side note: Chris and I have planned our costumes and we're sure going to be cute for two ugly people

Speaking of (Chris, not ugly people)...

I tried to talk him into starting a husband/wife blog so he could journal tour stories from the road.

He unregretfully declined.

I don't think "unregretfully" is a word, but I give no crap.

I digress.

To Chris, keeping up with a blog would be similar to keeping track of his sunglasses. Easy to hold on to at first, but eventually they're forgotten on a counter, table, or men's bathroom sink.

He's been through at least six different pair in less than a year.

But surely (don't call me Shirley) he's got some good material, right? Probably a books worth.

In other irrelevant news: I'm craving P.F. Changs.

Never mind that I live in NEW ORLEANS and I want to eat at a chain restaurant (how gauche), but I need a dumpling in my mouth a-sap.

Aaand that's what she said.

- Posted from my awesome iPhone

2 comments:

MaryJane Young said...

You are hilarious and inspire me to blog.

elizabeth said...

I was just telling Daisy today that October was my favorite month...fall, halloween, my birthday. And I wondered if everyone loves their birthday month as much as I do. And I love opals too..they always seemed so magical when I was little..the way they shimmer. Maybe if I drop hints on my blog my husband will pick up on them. Oh wait, I don't think he reads my blog. Post-its? Dry erase board?

love,
Elizabeth

p.s. your My Two Dads shoutout made me chuckle and grin.