Monday, September 27, 2010

Apartment therapy

Almost two months ago, Chris and I moved into our bare River Ridge apartment. And when Chris left for tour two days after, our apartment pretty much stayed that way until his mid-September return.

With his help, the assistance of wonderful in-laws, and re-purposing tips from a scattering of crafty magazines and blogs, we now have a fully-decorated apartment.

See for y'self:




Albeit, this is only a view of our living room/sunroom, but this is THE LIVING ROOM. It's what visitors first see when they walk through our door and where we're able to display our style and personality.

I think we accomplished.

I don't know if I'm a closeted hoarder, or if our background in the arts attributed to the number of artwork and frames we accumulated over the years, but I'm glad we decided to keep them. Who knew they would one day serve a different purpose?

Frames, which formerly housed out-dated prints, were emptied and either spray-painted, or offered themselves as new homes to fresh, patterned scrap-book paper.

Just proof that spending copious amounts of money (or time) on DIY decorating projects isn't necessary. All you really need are a few cans of spray-paint, patience, and a creative stay-at-home husband.


- Posted from my awesome iPhone

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

It looks amazing! Can't wait to see it in person.

Brooke said...

Emily... SO cute!!!

Jennifer Bucello said...

Will you please come help me decorate my new apartment? Seriously. Not a joke. Let me know when you can get a free weekend. You can stay with me, of course, so no need to spend $$$ on a hotel room. I might even feed you, too. :)