Thursday, May 5, 2011

Down on bended knee

Yesterday Jordan calls me:

Jordan: Get ready for the best news of your life. And no, I'm not engaged.

Me: You're pregnant!

Jordan: Better. BOYZ II MEN is playing in Shreveport next weekend.

Just so happens to be the weekend I'm in town. Call it fate, call it what you will, but I will be there in an all denim ensemble and Timberlands. Jordan says she's wearing her nicely pressed baseball jersey, emblazoned with the logo from her team of choice-the Shreveport Captains.

I remember hearing Boyz II Men for the first time. I was in middle school and my mom was driving me to the bus stop because I was too lazy to walk eleven yards. Spoiler: Nothing much has changed.
As we pulled out of the driveway, mom tuned the FM to KVKI (light rock, less talk) and there they were, the gents of BIIM singing about wanting me to throw my clothes on the floor, because they were about to make love to me. In front of my mom? How embarrassing.

I think it should go without saying that I will be at that show.

Front and center.



- Emily McP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me your denim outfit will include a denim vest and a a backwards Kangol hat. And maybe a cane, as a tribute to that one with the cane.

Anonymous said...

Hi. You're cute. That's all. <3 Momma J