Thursday, November 18, 2010

Look, Ma

I don't know if you'll believe me, but there's a turkey in my crock pot.

Surprisingly, this is not my usual "that's what she said" joke or a coy way of telling you I'm pregnant (because I'm not).

This is literal.

We received this 5qt. piece of equipment wonder for our wedding two years ago and last night it was finally de-boxed and prepped for it's maiden voyage.

I have never ever ever ever made anything in a crock pot. Ever.

And I have never ever ever ever cooked a turkey. Ever.

We are seven hours away from a masterpiece, or real disaster. You will be notified either way.

I feel like implementing the crock pot into my bi-monthly cooking routine is my final initiation into womanhood (yes, finally at 26). If this meal is a success, I can do A N Y T H I N G. Like, give birth, or install light fixtures.

Speaking of light fixtures, I bought this new coffee creamer and it is just numners. Southern pecan in my coffee and in my mouth?






Yes.





An Owlie a day will keep the mice at bay.



- Posted from my awesome iPhone

2 comments:

Meredith Brooks said...

Crock pots can be amazing machines. Especially when you put the right stuff in them. I was making a simple beef stew the other day and expected great things, but I bought pork stew meat instead of beef. I didn't even know there was such a thing. But it still turned out good! Another good crock pot recipe is Paula Dean's taco soup. Put some south in your mouth!

MargaretMonday said...

The only way my mom can make chicken soup from scratch is with a crock pot. They are SUCH nifty little things. I hope everything turns out well on your crock pot's maiden voyage!