Thursday, August 19, 2010

you gotta get lost

I know you-yes, the one person who reads this-have been waiting with bated breath until my next update. Well, here it is.

It appears I confide in my blog upon the occurrence of a major event, and such is the case today. But I'm not feeling wordy tonight, so it goes like this:

Got a job in New Orleans, accepted it, wondered why I accepted it, cried, moved, cried, Chris left for tour, cried, started work, liked it (only two weeks in-give it time).

South Louisiana is culture shock. It's almost Yankee town down here. With the exception of my co-workers, it seems NOT ONE person in a customer service role is friendly. Food is expensive, so I don't eat. Wal-Marts aren't 24-hours. People can't drive-because I'm the only one in America that can drive properly (don't you feel that way sometimes)? And, my family isn't here.

Needless to say, I've had a case of the sads lately. The main cause of my melancholy could be the lack of my husband, but thank goodness for a wonderful mother-in-law who offered to stay an entire WEEK to keep me company and help set up our new digs. She is beyond amazing and forever grateful I will be for her and her other half.

My dear friend Rene has also helped me through and been kind enough to feed me dessert until my face is full. I certainly couldn't have made the adjustment without her assistance.

Being in a "funk" is so not my style, but I suppose it happens to us all. Right? I've never been so unsure about life in my, life. I don't know why I made the move, but I did. It's done, but it doesn't mean I can't go back home.

For now I'm here, and my only option is to make it an adventure, because "that's where you find yourself."

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I don't even understand the concept of a Wal-Mart that isn't 24 hours.