Wednesday, July 16, 2008

you guys...

I'm losing my cool; worried about this wedding bidness...not about actually getting married because I'm totally hip with that, but damn, these PLANS.
I read where Ashleeee Simpson's friends called her "bridechilla" during the time before her nuptials. I WISH. srsly. I thought I was pretty calm, but when I start getting acid reflux, I am hella unchilla.
I think there is something to said for eloping, or even "destination weddings." I had my parents praying for a destination wedding after we discovered the cost to rent the reception ballroom for a night. yikes.
I've been telling people that I'm close to getting everything finalized, but I feel myself lying when the words come out. Am I?
Where is JLo when you need her?
Dress? check. Ring? check. The invitations are done. Check multiplied by a million because that was a feat. But shat, did I forget someone? I really hope not. If I did, then Lord, I am sorry! Oh God, I'm getting heartburn just thinking about it.
I have a feeling I'll be planning the wedding up until the 15 seconds before I walk down the aisle.
Please, someone tell me they have a mimosa waiting for me somewhere.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't give up having a church ceremony or a badass reception (that reminds me, I need to email a list of songs to the band that they must play). It's important to us to be married in a church, surrounded by friends and family, with a priest present to bless our marriage.

I love you all (all 8 of you). Thank you for being supportive (and if you haven't, well, I guess I don't really care because I'm getting married to a wonderful person (and so is he)).

it's time for a Tums.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

First off, you got me laughing with "shat."

Second, it SOUNDS like you've got a ton of stuff done! Don't sell yourself short... and let those peeps help you out.

And have a mimosa WHILE planning.

There's still time to be bridechilla.

Jordo said...

guh, you knows i'll be feeding you mimosas/vodka freezes that entire day. don't forget the pistachios!

you got this, boo.

Danielle Dee said...

ahaha! i love you and miss you! i hope planning is going well and let me know if you need an expert opinion... :)